Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time Tracking is less than expected

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

We have a SCORM with a Single SCO designed to take a learner about 1 hour to complete. However, our data shows that there are some cases where learners are completing it within 40 mins in a single seating. Is there anything that is being configured wrongly. We work with a vendor who designs the courses, so I have no visibility into the captivate settings they've applied. Unfortunately. 

Thank you, 

Jugal

TOPICS
Advanced , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If learners are successfully completing the course in two-thirds of the time you thought they would need, my question would be: Why is this a problem?

The usual measure of whether a course succeeded in delivering learning is whether or not the learners were able to demonstrate mastery in their assessment scores, not how long they took.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Rod   You made me smile.

Sometimes you have to lock out any logic - educational or other - when administrative nonsense rules are required by a client.  I had to solve such a question (even after long discussions, you know me well enough) for a client. Administration required that the course had to be viewed during a minimum of time. They didn't care if the learner learned something, he may be sleeping but that was the first requirement.  Have done it, with a popup based on the time spent. I wanted to put another text in that popup, to tell them 'Have a coffee and come back in x minutes to exit the module', but that was too cynical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources