• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC for Multiple Captivate Files

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My project consists of multiple separate but related content files. How can I create a TOC for the whole project, It doesn't seem like I can do it using Captivate's automatic TOC feature. Thanks, in advance for your assistance.

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Branching

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using a LMS or not? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No LMS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you want to be able to link to all the projects from each individual project? In that case create a custom TOC (which you can have as a popup timed for the rest of the project, and using a toggle button) in which you put hyperlinks to each of the modules. I would combine that with the default TOC for the slides within the present module. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds great Lilybiri! Is there a blog posting or tutorial that you could point me to to create the custom TOC you described? Thanks much again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly that use case but a combination of these two blogs:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/sliding-menu

That explains how to have a menu shape available on all slides.

http://blog.lilybiri.com/interactive-video-navigation-bookmarks

Instead of linking to a bookmark, you need to use 'Open URL' and link to the other module URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please be aware that if you go this route of calling modules FROM other modules, then you will not be able to use an LMS in future if you decide to change your mind.  You would be breaking the SCORM standard by doing as you plan and the LMS would not be able to score modules that were not explicitly launched from it in the approved way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reason for my first question, Rod. I offered the solution only because OP confirmed he was not using a LMS. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I saw your answer, and I knew that you were just answering what they had asked about.  However, in my experience the decision NOT to use an LMS is highly likely to change at some point in the future and it's best to be informed beforehand that going down a certain route burns your bridges behind you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources