Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TOC - hide the expand/collapse icon

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I need to hide the expand and collapse TOC icons (<< and >> icons) as I already have the TOC button appearing as part of the play bar control. Is there a way to do it? 

TOC settings > Runtime options > Selecting or de-selecting Collapse All doesn't seem to help. 

Any ideas? I'm using - CP 2017.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2017 Aug 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just get a transparent GIF or PNG file from somewhere and go to Skin Editor for the TOC settings to set this file as the Expand Icon and Collapse icon. It doesn't really matter what physical height or width the file is in this case because it's going to be invisible anyway.  So you could actually use a GIF file of just one pixel by one pixel.  The learner won't know there is a clickable object there at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked great! However I had to use some online tool to get a 1x1 transparent image as Photoshop wont save a pure transparent image!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 22, 2019 Jan 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very weird, I always use Photoshop also to create a transparent image. It needs to be a PNG file of course, because JPEG is not supporting alpha channerl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Photoshop you don't use Save As.  In this case you need to use the Export function and then select PNG as the output format with transparency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources