Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tracking user input

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...

This may have already been answered, but is there a way to track user input when they are asked a question or have a choice to make? Once you publish a project, I didn't think this was possible but am not sure. Thanks in advance.

John

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to tracking quiz input? How are you hosting the content? Quiz input in an lms outputs the data to scorm package when properly configured.

If it is a variable that is being changed by the user you could “track it“ by putting in local storage if the purpose of tracking is to hold a value for user.

everything and anything can be tracked using xapi, but you have to be a serious tinkerer to get it recording and connected correctly.

Could likely provide a better answer with a use case or more specific answer of what you want to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2019 Jun 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking into what can be tracked by users in Captivate. Can we track all answers in a quiz, their path in a choose-you-own adventure or a simulation, etc. I'm know that the grade can be shared via SCORM, but does that give you all the users answers and would a choose-your-own adventure/simulation be able to be tracked as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of what you want can be tracked using Preference/Quiz and turn on Interaction Data.

For you branch, you would need to make those buttons part of a quiz so that data can be sent also.

Your LMS may or may not provide you an interface to be able to see the data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great...I'm not sure if our LMS (Canvas) can see it, but if not, is there any way to view the data once the settings are turned on? Also, for the content to be tracked, does it need to be exported as SCORM or just a regular HTML5 export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm in Canvas right now and I would be able to see if we tracked that. It's under People in the left menu, if you have a role that allows you to activate that button.

Yes you would need to publish o SCORM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources