• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trade School needs advice

New Here ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I represent a trade school that is closed due to the virus.  They wish to conduct online training courses to their students.  The course content includes a lot of graphics. Can anyone recommend an Adobe solution(s).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, if the instructor can conduct exams/tests that would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You posted this question in the Captivate forum, and that is indeed the eLearning tool from the Adobe brand. I have been a professor in a university college in my career, and the discovery of Captivate has allowed me not only to do online training for distant students but also to introduce innovative pedagogical methods.

It is a multi-featured tool, and getting to grips with it takes some learning time, but it is more than worthwhile. 

Graphics, audio, video, 360 image, all types of assessments, creation of interactive courses or interactive video, SCORM compliant to collaborate with a LMS. If you expect the output to be viewed on mobile devices as well, Captivate has the possibility to create responsive projects. It is also the 'queen' of software training and assessment simulations if that is necessary.

Design can be structure by using Themes. It is possible to extend the features by using advanced or shared actions, which do not need scripting skills, or by including JavaScript.

Personally I have a blog which includes a lot of embedded short courses. Here is one link to a presentation converted in a self-paced course which I delivered online a couple of months ago;

http://blog.lilybiri.com/interactivity-in-captivate-back-to-basics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very helpful and encouraging.  Thank you very much for your quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you suggest on how to purchase Captivate.  The school has around 50 students from across the USA. There are (multiple) Basic, Intermediate and Advanced courses at each level.  Courses are taught throughout the year M-F, 8-5 CT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am living in Belgium, don't know where you are.  It is possible that you can have an educational license (there is none needed for the students, only for the persons who will develop the courses) but you need to contact Adobe in your country.

Be aware of the fact that you'll need a way to make the courses available to the students. That can be a websrver if you do not have access to a Learning Management System. Like all eLearning authoring tools, they are designed to work with a LMS which will take care of the student management and the assessment scores. If you use a webserver you'll need to find another way to track the scores.  50 students is not a lot. Moodle is a free LMS if you want another tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources