Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translations Export is BLANK

Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!  I'm using Captivate 2019 (11.5).

I need to translate a course to Spanish, and when I try to export the project captons and closed captions (as I've done so many times before), it pauses at 4%, then says it was completed successfully.  However, when I open the output file, it's one blank page, with "Adobe Captivate" in the header and "Page 1" in the footer and nothing else.  I've used this many times for translations and now it won't work.  It's a very standard course, nothing fancy going on....

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2020 Jun 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Did it stop working after some update/upgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eric - no updates or changes, and only having the issue with this one file.  I did find a solution, but I don't know why it worked, lol.

Basically, I hid ALL slide except the first one.  My thought was to slowly unhide them and try the export (I assumed it would ignore hiddden slides).  When Ran the export the first time, with all but one slide hidden, the export finished successfully, with the captions for ALL slides.  I was baffled, so I unhid them all and tried again, and once again I got a blank page.

If anyone else has this issue, and could maybe tell me why hiding the slides worked, I would be very happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wished I could give you a logical reason but the Export/Import to Word has been a trial-error workflow since I started to use Captivate over 10 years ago. Your present workaround is new to me, have tried a lot. Problem is that there is no consistency for the issues. It may work if you insist 2-3 or more times but why???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right??  Frustrating when bugs get left and no one seems to care. 

Our orgnization recently upgraded to Articulate 360.  We will be stuck working with legacy content in Captivate for now, but that's it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problems are not only due to Captivate but also to unannounced changes in Word - sighing. Not defending anyone, wish you luck with Artciulate360 but I stay with Captivate for many reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources