Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparent actors / video / animation

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

My team is developing a captivate course which is to include full-body shots of actors on the slide.  We have mp4 and mov formats of these actors with a transparent background.  When I import .mov into captivate, it asks me to convert to mp4.  When I use the mp4, it loses its transparency.  

What are our options, do we need a gif or some other animated format?  It needs to be published as a html5 course.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Advanced , Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2020 Jan 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FLV did support alpha channel, but is impossible for HTML5 output. AFAIK mp4 never support alpha channel. You can have an animated GIF or a HTML animation with transparent backgrounds indeed but is that an option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do have a transparent background gif file, a rather large one at that, but it has an error on import in captivate.  When you say html5 do you mean .oam files?  If so, how would we convert our .mov or .mp4 to .oam?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2020 Jan 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Animate creates OAM files.  But an OAM is really just a zipped archive with an extra xml file.  Usually the package contains HTML, JS and CSS files.

Another thing you could try is to place your animated GIF file inside a zip (not inside a folder inside the zip) and then try importing that zip archive into Captivate using the Media button > HTML5 animation option.  The dialog box will show zip archives as well as any OAMs to select.

When you set things up this way (with an OAM or Zip) Captivate places the content inside an iframe on the slide.  That might give you better results than trying to just import the GIF by itself.  I haven't tried this with your GIF so you'll have to test it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any way to convert a video format (mov, mp4) to an animation format but may be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you anyhow, we are working on a solution and if we find out how to do it I will post it on here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources