• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trial of Captivate with HTML5

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just created a project with the trial version of Captivate 2019 for a class that I am taking. I know that the SWF files expire when my trial is over. Do the HTML5 projects expire too? If so how does Adobe have them expire?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Published projects with a trial version will expire after 30 days. It doesn't matter what the output is. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is to bad. Thank you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want everything for free? Look in that case for open source software, not for professional software that deserves to be paid. You already get support here for free...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not looking to get everything for free. Good professional software has a lot of monetary value. But I want to have control over the outputted material that I create. When I export a video, audio, or image it does not expire. I have the ability to share it where ever I want without worrying about them going away. 
The fact that I don't have that kind of control over published Captivate content makes me not want to ever pay for Captivate.

I intend on looking at other software options instead, for my professional spending. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It makes very little sense to pass up being able to use a professional tool just because the trial version has a limitation. Most free trial versions of software have some limitation so that people can evaluate it but cannot bypass paying. 

With Captivate Adobe decided that the limitation would be 30 days to view the output.  Other than that, the trial version is fully functional.  And if you pay for the software, you WILL have control over the output and you WILL be able to share it without worrying about it expiring.  

But it's your call.  If the free software apps were genuinely able to compete with Captivate's functionality none of us would be here answering questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources