Hello,

I'm having issues adding Vimeo videos to my slides.  I get a message that says:

Unable to insert the Video due to:

1. The URL may  be incorrect

2. The video may be private

3. Streaming may be unavailable for the video

Or sometimes it will just say:

Video encountered an internal error.

I've tried this with multiple random Vimeo videos.  It will load to 100%, and then I will see one of the above error messages.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Also as a side question, my understanding is that it is impossible to add closed captioning to youtube and Vimeo vids through Captivate, is that correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had the same problem. I was working for many hours in an interactive proyect, I added one video from my computer then changed it for another Vimeo video and got the same message. Unable to insert the video..., now I can't see my proyect in preview due to an internal error that doesn't explain what it is about. I'm using a trial version and this inconvenience makes me rethink whether or not I should buy the license. I don't want to have problems like this with a paid software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the trial version as well to decide if this works for our team.  Please let me know if you find a solution that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem with a three minute video and raised it with Adobe support via a chat. I wondered if it was because the video was hidden from Vimeo users, but changing it to public makes no difference. I was able to link to a public video on Vimeo from another Vimeo user so the support agent thought is was related to our Vimeo account. However, I have just found this works with some public videos and not others. The Adobe agent is checking to see if CP will link to hidden videos. I have also been in contact with Vimeo so will let you know what the outcome is.

Ideally we should be able to upload hidden videos to Vimeo and link from Captivate so the videos are only available from the Captivate project.

I can't help with your side question as I have no experience of this. Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem. I've since learned that Vimeo changed something on their site which in effect has broken this feature in Adobe Captivate. I've learned that Adobe is aware of the issue and is working on a solution as we speak. Of course, this might take some time to correct and test before they send out a hotfix or update. If you have courses that are due right away you might want to consider using YouTube until such time as you can update your course with the Vimeo version of the video.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul. Last time I looked you cannot restrict video access in the same way on Youtube as you can on Vimeo. Essentially Vimeo is being used as a private streaming server.

What is odd is that it works with some public videos but not others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Each calls it something different but essentially they are the same. In Vimeo's case they call it a private link. In YouTube it's called unlisted but essentially both prevent your video from being found through normal search methods but if you have the link you can view either. The only problem with YouTube is that you get all the YouTube interface elements like suggested videos at the end or you video and so on. I'm merely suggesting using YouTube until Adobe has had a chance to fix what is broken with Vimeo right now.
Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Paul. I'm going to stick with having the videos on our server as progressive downloads for the moment. I am waiting to hear from Adobe and Vimeo are looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that is a good decision. You might be waiting some time until a patch, update or hotfix becomes available.
Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just heard back from Vimeo after chasing them. They say this is down to Adobe to fix. I have chased Adobe support several times now and heard nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This issue is now fixed with the latest release of Captivate 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources