Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble providing a Mac (.app) Captivate Project via download

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2018 Nov 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

we have faced some issues with providing our E-Learnings made with Captivate online via the homepage of our enterprise.

Currently mac users can download the dmg file containing the .app Project, but when trying to open the file Apple tells us that we don't have any certification.

As we don't provide any applications for the app store we don't know how to get the certification needed to provide our E-Learning content to our customers via our homepage.

Did anyone face the same problems?

We would be happy about a simple solution.

Thank you in advance.

Sandrine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This method of publishing an eLearning course essentially creates your course in a mini flash wrapper. My guess is that Apple, not being big fans of SWF, are disallowing any applications of this type. My advice would be to publish the project as an HTML5 project and upload the resulting files and folders to a web server. Then you can provide your learners with a link to launch the course in a regular web browser. Here is a tutorial on what I have done in the past:

Adobe Captivate - Publish eLearning for the Web - YouTube

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

thank you for your quick reply and the suggestions to try HMTL5.

As our customers often use their E-Learnings in offline mode it is necessary for us to provide our E-Learnings as files to download. A browser-based solution is not really a solution for us.

Also in general the .app E-Learning created with Captivate seems to work with Mac. We tested our E-Learning on a MacBook right before we uploaded it to our webserver and it worked out fine. But as soon as the file is a "download-file" it cannot be opened. We already asked our IT to check, if the file up- and download provoked a change in the infomation of the document, but it didn't. So it seems that the download from our webpage is the cause of the problems we're facing.

Kind regards,

Sandrine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2018 Nov 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The alternative is to create a real app, using PhoneGap.,  Since quite a while I don't use publish to standalone, nor to interactive pdf anymore because of the EOL fof Flash Player which is involved in both workflows. SInce I am a Windows only user, have no experience whatsoever with the standalone version for Mac users.  Apps created with PhoneGap can be published and uploaded to the stores for Android and Apple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources