Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble viewing Vimeo video via embed code

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am have trouble viewing videos in Captivate, that have been loaded in via the web from vimeo as an embed code.

When I view the eLearning slide the video will only appear if it is the first slide of the presentation.

However when I move through the course the video is there but does not appear.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Jess

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Adobe Captivate are you running? If you are on version 11, update your software to version 11.5 so you can take advantage of the new feature of being able to import a Vimeo video as slide video. You will get a nice clean interface and you should have no problem putting the content anywhere in your course. Incidentally you will also be able to use Vimeo videos in this way to create Interactive Videos where you can add overlay slides with interactive content right over your video for the learners to interact with.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Paul,

I am using Adobe Captivate 2019 update 2. When i embed a vimeo video(using interative video feature)  2 things happen that should not.

1. I never see the vimeo playbar. I was told by support that I had to use built in cp playbar. I have seen your YT video and now know that is not true.

2. The first 5 or so seconds of the video is really terrible quality and it seems to correct after 5 or so seconds. I put a 10 second slide before the video hoping it would preload but it does not help.

Any suggestion much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources