Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with specific varible - show next button

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried to figure this out over the past two weeks, but I just haven't been able to. (FYI: I have the newest version of Captivate) Here it goes:

Layout:
I have 3 buttons on the screen that you HAVE to click and then the next button appear. The learner can click any of the buttons more than once and in any order, but when they click the third button, the next button should appear. (When the learner clicks on one of the 3 buttons something else shows and hides on the screen, but I have left it out of this conversation.)

My varibles and actions:
Varibles:

1) I have a varible for the next button. It starts at 0 and when it hits 3 it appears. 

2) I have a varible for each of the 3 buttons on the screen. The first time you click it, it increments the next_button_varible. (I have a conditional action here, so that only the first time you click on the button it increments the next_varible.) 

Action:

See attached 3 pictures.

Issue:

So when you click on the 3rd button on the screen (in any order), the next button does not show. But if I click on any of the 3 buttons again afterwards, then it shows. I think it is because when I clicked on the 3rd button, then technically the next varible was only at 2 and then became 3. I need a way to "check the next_varible" at the end of an action instead of the beginning like I think it is doing now.    

Hopefully it is clear - Thank you

TOPICS
Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Suspect something is wrong with the action, probably with the sequence of the commands and/or decisions.

You unnecessarily compliate as well. Why not use the Assign instead of the Increment command to toggle the variables associated with the buttons? You do not need a variable for the Next button, just use a conditional action (as second decision) to check if the three variables are equal to 1. Have posted this solution multiple times, also on my blog. Each button need an action like this:

F

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suspect something is wrong with the action, probably with the sequence of the commands and/or decisions.

You unnecessarily compliate as well. Why not use the Assign instead of the Increment command to toggle the variables associated with the buttons? You do not need a variable for the Next button, just use a conditional action (as second decision) to check if the three variables are equal to 1. Have posted this solution multiple times, also on my blog. Each button need an action like this:

First decision 'Always'

Assign v_1 with 1

.....                             other commands to be done by the button like showing somehting or changing state

Second decision 'Checkit'

IF v_1 is equal to 1   AND 

v_2is equal to 1   AND

v_3 is equal to 1   

Show Bt_Next

If you prefer your aciton, please insert a screenshot of the Preview and I'll try to debug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick response! And your setup works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Much easier, isn't it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources