• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with Video

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so there's this activity in my course, in which a situation is presented in a short 8 second video (.mp4) and the user needs to choose from a couple of options that appear on screen after watching it. Now, my issue here is that I can't get the video to "stay" in the slide for more than the exact duration of it... I need the last frame to hang on to the slide (to make it appear it's in pause) until the user clicks on one option (which takes them to another slide).

I tried screenshotting the last frame through different media to no avail (the colours always seem to be a little crooked and don't align *really* well) so I was wondering if there's a way to do it already inside captivate. Thank you!

I'm using the latest captivate version (9. i don't remember; like really, I downloaded it again and installed yesterday).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Mica,

Its a bit of a hack but, I would take a screenshot of the last frame and place it at the beginning of the video in a video editing application. (Camtasia, Premiere Pro, After Affects, etc) render it, then i would import the new video into your slide and set it to "auto rewind"  in the Properties Panel. That way when it finishes it will default to the first frame, which is really a pic of the last frame.

Cheers,

Steve   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources