• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to record demo in 1080

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. I need help recording tutorials for work using video demo and uploading to Vimeo or YouTubes. I can’t seem to preset to 1080 or upload at 1080. When recorded they are crisp, after upload they are blurry and not 1080 ever. Can you please help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Answered same question yesterday? Where is that answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to answer questions not only for the benefit of the original poster but for those who find these questions looking for answers in the future. I don't know what Lieve answered before, but I will add my reply and hopefully, it helps someone.

If your pc is older and only has a resolution of 1366 x 768 or something like that, you will never get actual HD quality. When you start recording a video demo, you need to be recording at a resolution of at least 1920 x 1080.

Once you are satisfied with your video demo, many people might select File > Publish to YouTube. Selecting this option will publish your video demo using Adobe Captivate's YouTube Widescreen HD settings, which are far from ideal. These settings are only 1280 x 720, 15 frames per second and extremely compressed. Instead, I use the following settings. I set my resolution to 1920 x 1080 resolution. Then select the Profile and choose High and set the level to 5.1. Profile refers to the complexity involved to encode H.264 (the higher the number, the better the end quality). Next, set your quality at 100%. You probably only need a setting of 75% or so but may as well use the highest setting. I also change my frame rate to 30 fps. This will yield an HD quality video of your video demo.

Remember that MP4 H.264 files are compressed files, and you will never see the original uncompressed quality unless you return to your original Video Demo. This, however, is suitable for most people's needs. Also, YouTube will further compress the video when you upload it. If you want to minimize quality loss, I would recommend Vimeo. However, YouTube has more of a mass-market appeal for what that's worth.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

I have a few questions.

When you start recording a video demo, you need to be recording at a resolution of at least 1920 x 1080.

How do i set this before starting? Does it matter which of my screens i am using (laptop and 2 monitors)?

When i Publish, should it be Custom? Ipad? I know you said to avoid direct to youtube.

I am wondering how this could be so difficult when the entire world seems to use vimeo and youtube, my monitors are new and the hp laptop is newer with windows 10? What am i missing?

Thanks in advance for any further help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You display will determine the possible resolution. For example, my current display is 1920 x 1080. Most mid-priced to high end will support HD resolution displays but there are some lower-end or even older higher-end machines that might only support lower resolutions. 

When publishing always select Custom and set everything using the settings I mentioned below and you should be okay.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources