• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning audio off from previous slide

Engaged ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put together a CP5 demo for my lead to present at a meeting to show management some of the things CP5 can do.  On the slides I placed and example of the following:

a Software Simulation

a video

project built from PPTs

Each of these had narrations in the example.  WHen my lead when to run through it the audio from each continued to play when the project advanced to the next slide so by the end it was a chorus of voices.  Is there a way to tell CP5 to stop the audio when the slide advances?  I'm thinking it must be an advanced action but I"m not good with these.

Thanks,

Susan

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 22, 2011 Aug 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you add each of these examples as Captivate published SWFs added on separate slides of a master project?

If so, you would effectively have three or more SWFs each with their own audio track.  Unless you explicitly stop the audio for an SWF inserted into a Captivate movie slide, it will continue to play until finished.

For best results in Captivate you should avoid nesting Captivate movies within other Captivate projects.

Just copy and paste all the slides from each separate example into a main project file so that these slides become slides in the master project, each with their own separate audio on each slide.  Then when you publish you shouldn't have problems with the audio playing over the top of other slides.  When you move from slide to slide the audio from previous slides will cease playing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources