• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typekit fonts not embedding in Captivate courses today (2/1/19)

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I have created two courses where the Typekit fonts worked perfectly when published locally yesterday (I added localhost and 127.0.0.1 just to be extra sure). I found a couple errors and republished today, and neither of them work now. Is this related to the Typekit > Adobe Fonts switch, and if so, how can I embed regular fonts into the course until it's resolved?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Try signing out and back into Captivate. Under Help: Sign Out.  Ensure that it's aware of your license - if it doesn't try to tell you it's a trial, and it will also let you confirm both are signed in under the same adobeID.  Do the fonts show up in Captivate in the font drop down at the top?

If none of these things work, and you are showing the fonts as synced in TypeKit - send us a note at captivateHelp@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot embed fonts, at least not as far as I am aware of. What do you mean by temporarily?  Something linked with the license on Typekit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, really - I thought I had the Typekit thing figured out (this is the first time I've used Captivate since Typekit - yes, that long 😃 ) and am using the Synthese and Open Sans fonts. They're active in Creative Cloud, it's the same account for both CC and Captivate, and again, they worked fine yesterday. It's super weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I'm current on updates - that was the first thing I checked. I'm on 11.0.1.266.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try signing out and back into Captivate. Under Help: Sign Out.  Ensure that it's aware of your license - if it doesn't try to tell you it's a trial, and it will also let you confirm both are signed in under the same adobeID.  Do the fonts show up in Captivate in the font drop down at the top?

If none of these things work, and you are showing the fonts as synced in TypeKit - send us a note at captivateHelp@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's fixed it - must have gotten out of sync or something. Thank you for the quick help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources