• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Typing Text too slow when published

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2018 Aug 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Typing Text recorded through a software simulation. For example, I'll have the Typing Text set to take 4 seconds in the timeline. When I preview the slide, it takes 4 seconds. When I publish the project, it takes more like 8 seconds. Its basically doubling the duration of every Typing Text in my project.

I've never had this problem before and couldn't find anything about it in these forums. Other than reducing the duration in the timeline of every Typing Text in my project (basically cutting them in half and hoping that publishes to the duration I actually want), does anyone have any ideas for why this is happening or how to fix it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a strange problem, first time ever it has appeared in this forum. Can you give some information about the version you are using, whether you have output to HTML or SWF, how you did test after publishing (did you upload to a webserver in case of HTML output)?

Maybe it is a typo, but there is no Preview Slide, only Play slide which is not a Preview method at all. What about the real Preview methods, best ones for non-responsive projects are F11 or F12, depending on wanted output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My output is HTML, the files get copied to a network drive and I launch using the index file. Yes, I meant there is no issue using Play slide; the Typing Text plays for the correct length of time. I tried the F11 preview and the problem still exists.

Although, I did some more testing and found the problem is not happening for every instance of Typing Text in the project, only some of them. It seems to be the longer ones, where I'm typing a full sentence or two and I want the time to take around 4 seconds.

Another strange quirk is that if I do Preview Next 5 Slides, and any of the 5 slides contain one of the Typing Texts that I'm having a problem with, the preview doesn't work at all; it just brings up a blank screen/loading icon.

While I'm no expert, I have been using Captivate for a few years doing these basic simulations, and I've never had this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HTML output: only F11 gives you the closest view of the final output.  Maybe in the past you used SWF output?

Moreover HTML output shouild be deployed on a webserver, not on a networked drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources