• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Change Interaction ID

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have included a video of this issue. To repeat, insert a new quiz slide into a project that you have already customized the interaction IDs. Go to the Quiz tab of Properties. At the bottom, in the Interaction ID box, type over the auto-assigned ID with a custom ID (mine is two letters and two digits). Save the project. Navigate away from the slide you just changed the interaction ID for. Navigate back to the slide and look at the interaction ID again. It has reverted to the auto-assigned ID. Have tried closing the project and opening it again to no avail. Any suggestions to fix?

Message was edited by: Margaret Eldridge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone else experienced this? I still have not found a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have seen this issue of being unable to change an interaction ID in a project I was trying to update just yesterday.  It was originally created in Captivate 7, but I upgraded it to Cp 2017 to perform the updates.  So the issue may be connected with the upgrading.

Was your project upgraded to a later version in recent past perhaps?

My suspicion is that the only way to fix the issue would probably be to replace the affected quiz questions with new ones from Captivate 2017. In my case, changing the interaction IDs isn't a huge necessity.  So, I am not intending to waste a lot of time on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, this was a brand new responsive project created in Captivate 2017 -- not an upgraded project. It is very strange, but agree that it is not worth spending much time on as long as I can make the interaction IDs unique by deleting the question slide and inserting a new one, which I can. I was just trying for consistency in ID naming conventions so a course code and then the question number. Oh well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but I can't seem to replicate this error. I thought that maybe it had something to do with the Interactive ID being used with another function (like an advanced action or Advanced answer option). 

I would suggest testing this in a new blank project.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlike Rod, changing the interaction ID is a huge necessity for my project. I need this for reporting purposes.  I have tried to create a new slide (these are simulations for grading purposes) and it still did not change names. Does anyone know of a way to change or report a more descriptive ID?  Time is critical for this project. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 19, 2018 Feb 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so this is working...... change the Interaction ID text, click off 'Include in Quiz' option, click on 'Include in Quiz' option. The Interaction ID name sticks!  So weird. Hoping this works throughout my project.  I will report if a solid fix or not, when completed and published.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a similar problem and had to do a similar on-and-off "include in quiz" dance.  However, I had to remove camel case from the interaction ID and click on an object in the timeline too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources