Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import PPT file with correct sizing into project

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2019 Dec 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all! 

I'm new to Captivate 2019 and am running into an issue with importing powerpoints. I was able to import them fine before but now when I try to import some powerpoint slides into my project, the sizing messes up. It is able to import, but the slides are half cut off. For example, the slide is only filling 4/5 of project screen and cuts off but then the excess words (where it cuts off) is highlighted in black. I've tried changing the file type from .PPTX to .PPT and changing the project sizes/clicking aspect ratio but none of this has worked.

Thanks in advance for your help! 

TOPICS
Editing , Getting started , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to import PPT slides into an existing project, or are you trying to create a new CPTX from a  PPT.  If the slides are being cut off  when imported into an existing project the issue is most likely a mismatch in stage sizes.

I would try the New > New Project from MS PowerPoint option in the Captivate File mento to see if you observer the same issue with this PPT. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried both and I get the same issue regardless of which way of opening it (into existing project or opening a new one from MS PowerPoint). I've also tried with other PPT files.. I've attached a picture to show the issue. The slide background should be the peach color and the words should say "Testing to show that the words eventually get cut off when trying to import the PPT into Captivate". It is a screenshot of how it looks after import. Thanks! 

PPT Import Issue in CaptivatePPT Import Issue in Captivate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an animation used on this slide, e.g. a transition where the words or the slide itself moves across from one side?

If so, take out the animation or transition and then see whether the issue exists.  PPT imports into Captivate better without animations or slide transitions because the PPT slide is only going to end up as a static background graphic anyway.  If you want proper animated content in Captivate, you are better off to be building everything in Captivate from the start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no animations or transitions in the PPT file itself. When I try to import or update the PPT slides that were imported normally before, they update with the same issue where it messes up the sizing.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am seeing the same thing. Were you able to solve this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources