• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Captivate 2017

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2020 Feb 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have completed a search but couldn't see the solution to my issue.

I am trying to install Captivate 2017 on my Windows 10 HP 64bit laptop. I have Captivate 2019 installed with no problems but now need the older version to work on client files.

As soon as I click on set-up.exe, I get an error message saying that the installation has failed (Error code: 103) and that a restart is required. Restarting does not resolve and it comes up with the same error message every time. Sometimes it lets me get as far as inputting my Adobe ID but most of the time it fails before that happens.

I have tried the following:

- Downloading files using a different browser

- Turning off all security settings and firewalls

- Running cccleaner

- Running as an administrator

- Trying to install from safe mode

- Uninstalled all other versions of Captivate

- Closed all browsers and other applications whilst uploading

- Run programmes to check/remove malware viruses (none found)

My IT tried for several hours yesterday to get this to work and was stumped. He said that there is something on that machine telling Adobe that there is a pending reboot when there isn't. And yet this problem doesn't happen when I reinstalled Captivate 2019.

Does anyone have any ideas that might help? I am at my wits end as desperately need to get this version installed.

Thanks in advance - Nikki

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Hi,

I have sent you a private message. Please provide the information so that we can connect and look into the issue.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have sent you a private message. Please provide the information so that we can connect and look into the issue.

Regards,

Ajit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2020 Feb 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RESOLVED - Adobe sent me a different download link and this successfully installed. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shanshu, by chance could you forward that setup.exe file that was provided to you which allowed the install to work?   I am not getting any reply from the tech that helped you.  Thank you!  J'Amy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2020 Aug 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I get that link to install Captivate 2017?  I am also having problems downloading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as the user who orginated this thread.  Can you also provide me with the different Setup.exe to use in order to install Captivate 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem! Could someone help me and send me the link, please? 
Kind regards from Germany 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue as the user who orginated this thread.  Can you also provide me with the different Setup.exe to use in order to install Captivate 2017?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install Captivate 2017 and I am having a similar issue Error: Your operating system or browser is no longer supported. I have tried the registry fix which did not work.  Captivate 2019 works fine but I need 2017 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mac or Win?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources