Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to install Captivate 2019 for Windows 10 user

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to install Adobe Captivate 2019 for one of our windows 10 users, however whenever i try and run the installation this hangs then freezes. I get no error messages, it looks like the installer just fails. Also when looking on system processes i see the install is not using a load of cpu/memory etc.

The user previously had the 2017 version installed on a Windows 7 machine.

I have seen a lot of forums posts relating to this issue but have so far found no answers to resolve this. 

I am a system admin and so far I have tried many different ways to install this product with no success.

I’ve logged as the user /local/domain admin. I have extracted the files as user / admin to local and network locations as well as the current area where other adobe products are installed (Program Files). I have also tried running setup.exe as admin as well as run as a different user and still not able to make progress.

I even went as far as trying to install this on a fresh new Windows 10 build and had the exact same results.

This issue is very frustrating for both myself and the user, as we are paying for this software but unable to get it installed.

I have spent a good few hours already trying to resolve this and I really don't want to waste any more of mine or the users time so any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Thanks

R

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install only on the local system, is that the case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds a bit like there might be something about your OS that is killing the installation.  Captivate normally installs without issue on a vanilla Windows 10 OS.  But many corporate SOEs have certain components stripped out of the OS and that might be what is tripping up your install.

Either way there should be an installation log file created when you attempt the install.  You may need to dig around to find it, but that file should show where the failure happens.

This forum is not Adobe Support, so our answers are only ever going to be based on personal experience.  Your issue should qualify as something that gives you the right to ask for support directly from the Adobe Captivate team.  Have you tried getting onto their telephone support people?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources