• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to load LMS API.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2015 Jun 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was going through that problem "Unable to load LMS API", finding solution of it, got tired now. What happened is that, I,d published 4 slides of Adobe Captivate in SCORM 1.2 compliance. After publishing when I unzipped the package and run the main HTML file in Google Chrome, it was giving an error "unable to acquire LMS API". I did try in other browsers also but same problem occured . Can anybody tell me what this problem means and how can i get out of it.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Advanced , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to think about what this message is telling you.

You've created a Captivate SCORM and set it up to be compatible with an LMS using SCORM 1.2 standard, right?

Then when you run this content from your PC it cannot detect such an LMS present anywhere in the vicinity it tells you it's "Unable to load the LMS API", that is it cannot communicate with an LMS.

There's no problem with this content.  If you were to run it FROM an LMS web server environment it would be perfectly happy. It's complaining about the fact that it's "all dressed up with nowhere to go".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey RodWard, did you mean to run this course in a software that supports LMS like Moodle, Grovo etc?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've changed setting of google chrome and it worked fine. All I did is enabled popups for the browser. But it still gives me error "Unable to acquire LMS API content may not play properly..." when I open the main HTML file after clicking on OK button, course gets run. I did check the course on SCORM Cloud also it is uploading and playing properly.

I want to know that if i go furthur by avoiding that error, would there be any issue in future ..?? or this error is negotiable?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Jun 14, 2015 Jun 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll jump in for Rod, your course will still run and operate, but none of the SCORM functions, such as bookmarking, pass/fail will work because you are not running the course in a LMS.

Once you load it to an LMS everything will work. If you are not going to load it to an LMS, then do not publish the course by NOT checking Enable Reporting for this project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issues...except I'm on an LMS and still getting the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe the LMS doesn't accept packages which are not set up as a SCO? Did you enable reporting in your Captivate file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes....it's set to enable reporting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In that case test it by uploading to SCORM Cloud. You find the option under Preview. If it is working that way, problem has to be sought for in the LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources