• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Open Audio FIle in Audition

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. All of a sudden I am unabl to edit audio in Adobe Audition. I used ot be able to go to Audio > Edit > Project, an then click on "Adobe Audition" and the entire audio file for the project would open in Audition. But now, Audition opens but the audio is not imported. I am able to go to the library and individually open each audio file by slide but I do not like this work around. I am using Adobe Captivate 9.0.0.223 and Audition 13.0.13.46 and Windows 10. Thanks!

TOPICS
Audio and video , Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am afraid that there is some incompatibility (which I cannot test out, no longer have CP9).  I have the same version of Audition (which is the most recent) but your Captivate version is the first release of 9 (you didn't install any patch) and that release is 6 years old. Captivate is now on release 11.5 which can be considered to be almost a full release. In between there was release 11 and 10.  Not the first time it happens that roundtripping is no longer working.

As I wrote, I cannot double-check if my suspicion is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using Captivate 9.0.2.437 and Captivate - Audition  13.0.13.46 and windows 10 - good for me. You may want to update to 9.0.2.437 and see if it rectifies the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources