• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open .exe (captivate 9.). Flash Error

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of my customers have called and reported a Flash Error when trying to open the .exe files published earlier. I tried exporting today and  have the same issues. I just get a Flash Error screen (screen shot attached) 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXE files are SWF-based and the support for Flash player ended end of 2020 as had been announced almost 4 years ago.

Please insert images, do not attach them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. So does that mean that we cannot give .exe output at all?  Then its only HTML / SWF. Am I right? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can understand that ' Support for Flash' has ended, but all the .exe files of earlier times also should stop working, thats something I cannot understand. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You only really have HTML5 now.  Don't publish to SWF or EXE or PDF anymore.  They won't work.

EXE files are really just SWF files running inside a self-contained player.  So since they were SWF too, they no longer work.

You are not alone in having fallen foul of this issue, but Adobe has been warning about this for years now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only HTML5 should be used now. Interactive pdf died already a while ago. What you have missed, and what Rod is telling, is that EXE is SWF-based and interactive pdf needed a Flash player plugin. That has been mentioned multiple times in these forums

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your support. I have been hearing that adobe is not going to support flash anymore. But didn't anticipate its impact like this. Guess I am now awake after the  bucket of chill water was poured on the head. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well now that you're well and truly awake, and you've found out what a wealth of valuable information is available on the Captivate User Forum I hope you will continue to come back and ask questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources