• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to paste captivate slides in CP 2017 project.

Explorer ,
Oct 07, 2018 Oct 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an existing project that I did in Captivate 2017 which needed some of the software simulation slides changed. I recorded the new software simulation in a separate project hoping to just copy and paste them on to my main project. I have attempted to copy and paste the slides but the background slides are not being pasted on to the main project. Here is what I have done:

1. I selected all the slides from the new project and pasted them on to the main project. This resulted captions and mouse actions being pasted.

2. I have also tried to do a copy background and paste background resulting to blank slides without any objects.

3. I copied the background and pasted it as an image. This resulted to the text animations being placed below the image on the timeline. Furthermore, I could not change the order i.e. moving the picture below on the timeline.

Both projects have the same resolution.

I am lost of ideas.

Thanks for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Software sim slides use blank master slide. Is that blank master slide OK ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response Lilybiri.

The main project has a themed master slide. Would this make any difference to the Software Sim slides that I am pasting in? If that is the case, would you think using a blank slide as the first slide in my current master slide work?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was talking only about the blank master slide. Are you using the same

theme for both projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main project is themed but the new project is just on a blank theme. I will apply the theme from the main project on to the Software Sim and will let you know of the outcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They need to use same theme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Applied the same theme to both projects and it worked.

Thank you very much Lilybiri​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 10, 2018 Oct 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Themes are one of the less understood features, as I

learned in my consulting and training jobs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources