Highlighted

Unable to Preview Posts all of a sudden Cap 2019 release

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am currently running the Captivate 2019 release. Version 11.5.0.476.

Only had it for a week in work and have beenusing it every day. Today, I am unable to preview my responsive project. I normally go Preview - Project, or Preview - From this slide and I must have done it about 100 times in the last week without fail. Slides are generated and then it opens on Edge.

Today, I load up my existing responsive project and after the slides are generated I receive an error message:

Windows cannot find 'HTML5Temp185646897406Pre/rindex.html'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and then try again. 

Odd as I am simply previewing. The only thing i did this morning was use the hyperlink option within a text caption to link to an external website. I since removed the link and have the same result. 

Publishing works fine, when I upload to our LMS, but inconvenient as a way of previewing as I design. Any ideas on how to fix?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Nevertheless would recommend to install the patch update released soon after your version. Present version for Windows users is 11.5.1.499.

Topics

Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to Preview Posts all of a sudden Cap 2019 release

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am currently running the Captivate 2019 release. Version 11.5.0.476.

Only had it for a week in work and have beenusing it every day. Today, I am unable to preview my responsive project. I normally go Preview - Project, or Preview - From this slide and I must have done it about 100 times in the last week without fail. Slides are generated and then it opens on Edge.

Today, I load up my existing responsive project and after the slides are generated I receive an error message:

Windows cannot find 'HTML5Temp185646897406Pre/rindex.html'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and then try again. 

Odd as I am simply previewing. The only thing i did this morning was use the hyperlink option within a text caption to link to an external website. I since removed the link and have the same result. 

Publishing works fine, when I upload to our LMS, but inconvenient as a way of previewing as I design. Any ideas on how to fix?

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Nevertheless would recommend to install the patch update released soon after your version. Present version for Windows users is 11.5.1.499.

Topics

Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never worry - I restarted the laptop and it seems to have fixed itself... 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group