Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Publish to Youtube

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I am trying to upload some of my Captivate projects to Youtube, however I have been unable to do so. When I click 'Publish to Youtube' it goes through the motions of compressing SWF to Video, however after this I'm left with a blank screen that looks like this:

Screen Shot 2018-01-04 at 14.54.46.png

I have waiting for it to load but nothing ever happens. The project is non-responsive, and I have tried with a completely blank project as well - to no avail. This makes me think it's something to do with my Captivate preferences but I'm unsure. I've also tried disabling my pop up blocker.

If you have any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Do you use 10.0.1.285? If you are still on the first release, please install the patch (Help, Updates)!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Adobe Captivate are you running?

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

I'm on the latest version - Captivate 2017

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Mac OS are you running (should have asked this before)? Captivate isn't compatible with High Sierra. There might be a patch available if that's the case.

If that doesn't apply to you may wish to try resetting your preferences. Exit Captivate. Navigate to

/Applications/Adobe Captivate 9/utils/

and run CleanPreferencesMac

Try again.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this - I have run the preference reset but that doesn't seem to have worked,

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

Thanks for this - it is High Sierra indeed. I updated before I knew it wasn't compatible - do you think there is a patch?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There might be. I'm a Windows guy so I don't really follow the Mac stuff. Perhaps Shambu Nashi can check that out for us and let us know.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TATA MASB SANKARAM - Can you check this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I really apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I have sent you a Direct message, kindly revert to that with the requested information, so that we can help you resolve the issue.

Regards

Himanshu 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same problem. I am on Captivate 2017 and High Sierra. Can you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on the latest Captivate 2017 build for MAC? What version exactly do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am having this same issue.

I have Captivate 2017 and Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.4.

Can someone please tell me if there is a patch or a workaround so I can publish my videos to YouTube?

Thanks so much for your help!

Kristin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use 10.0.1.285? If you are still on the first release, please install the patch (Help, Updates)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I figured it out after I posted this on Friday : )

I found the post for the info on the patch.

I did the patch and everything works like a charm now!

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still getting this issue, when attemptimng to publish directly from adobecaptive, running macOS catalina 10.15.2 . checked my captive preferences, allowed captive access..not sure whatsup? Any ideas?Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 1.06.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2020 Mar 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following--did you ever get this resolved?  Getting the same error message here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting the same issue.

It's a real pain because it takes ages for the video to render, and then nothing to find (no file) in order to try the upload manually.

If I knew where to find the .mp4 file I'd be a lot happier

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK so I'll publish to video first then try upload to YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This process worked just fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2020 Sep 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem, but publishing to video and uploading manually with YouTube is not really addressing the problem here. The point is to be able to upload automatically from within Captivate, (like most screen capture software can do). 

None of the suggestions I've seen in various threads apply or help with this. 

Why would Captivate be verifed on YouTube for some people but not for others?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone seen this issue resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Kylee, it just doesn't seem to work. The only way to make it work is to sepearately publish the video then upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources