• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to record Text Entry Boxes with Windows 10 and Citrix application

New Here ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Captivate for many years (since the old RoboDemo days), so I am aware of the settings to check for recording demos/assessments/training, but willing to check out something I may be missing. I've recently installed Captivate 64-bit v. 11.5.1 on a Windows 10 computer, and I am unable to capture any text boxes while recording for a software simulation running through Citrix. I have not had problems with this in the past for this same application. It captures the text entry like it would a drag-and-drop interaction, as an animation. I have a text-entry heavy application that I am attempting to build out quickly, but manually adding TEB for each interaction is becoming quite tedious. Other info - the software runs through Citrix and captures all other interactions. I have cleared prefs and runs the app as an Administrator, all without any success. Any help would be so very greatly appreciated, as I am running on a tight deadline (as we all tend to do)!

Thanks!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

sorry, this is not an issue I was able to replicate.

Did you report it as a posible bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably this problem is due to the fact that the software to be captured is running through Citrix. Do you have the same issues when creating a training/assessment simulation of software running on your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good morning,

@Lilybiri, I was just coming into this to post that it seems to be a Citrix issue. It must be something in this latest instance of Citrix that is preventing the capture, as I have been able to capture this same Citrix application successfully in the past (though that was also on a company-owned computer). I know this is not a Citrix support site, but if anyone has any suggestions for settings to check or workarounds, that would be great, since I am unable to be in the office at this time.

Thank you for your assistance,

Trevor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources