• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to see HTML5 animation/Web items when previewing or publishing project.

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

I have inherited an e-learning module created with Captivate and have only used Storyline before. I need to make some changes to the module and I have managed to figure out the basics but two of the slides have got what I'm assuming are HTML5 animations on them. I have never worked with these before so if I sound like I really don't know what I'm talking about it is because I don't!

I can see the content when in the 'build mode' and hide/unhide them from the time line, I can see the 'Web' item in the time line and its in the library too. However when I preview the project or publish it they disappear and there is a blank slide instead. I'm assuming they were created with Animate CC and imported to Captivate but I do not have the original files just the ones imported in to the project.

I might be missing something totally simple here but wondered if anyone could help?

Best Wishes,

Jonna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upload the published output to a web server or LMS and test from there.  Some things in an HTML5 project just won't work when you are testing locally and not in a true web environment.  See if that then shows the items on screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you -  so I was missing something simple. Totally makes sense now and explains why when trying to publish as Executable those slides/screens were blank. I needed a local version for staff who don't have access to our LMS but I'll just need to replace those screens/slides with more basic stuff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources