Highlighted

Unable to upload an MP3 file in Captivate 9

New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am  a novice but thought uploading an audio file would be an easy exercise. How wrong I was. I get and error saying  "unable to import the audio file, Ensure that the file tyoe is either MP3 or WAV.Also ensure that the file is not damaged.

the file works perfectly on the media player so I do not understand this error.   I have tried opening Captivate to run as administrator but this has made no difference.

Any assistance would be much appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to upload an MP3 file in Captivate 9

New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am  a novice but thought uploading an audio file would be an easy exercise. How wrong I was. I get and error saying  "unable to import the audio file, Ensure that the file tyoe is either MP3 or WAV.Also ensure that the file is not damaged.

the file works perfectly on the media player so I do not understand this error.   I have tried opening Captivate to run as administrator but this has made no difference.

Any assistance would be much appreciated

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 27, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate requires that audio files be 16 bit PCM format, not 24 or 32 bit.  Check the settings of your audio file to see if it complies.  If it is not 16 bit PCM then you will need to change it in your audio editing software of choice.  If you don't have an audio editor, Audacity is free.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 1
New Here ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks RodWard

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 0
RodWard LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to log a bug report about this issue with Adobe here: 

https://adobe.allegiancetech.com/cgi-bin/qwebcorporate.dll?Y9CHVD

The very general but inaccurate error message thrown up for this issue is an example of very bad usability and it needs to be addressed. The cited problem in the error message is NOT in fact the issue.  It's the bit depth of the audio file, not whether its an MP3 or WAV.  This has been a known 'gotcha' issue for many versions of Captivate yet nothing has been done about fixing it.

I believe the Adobe Captivate developers are smart enough to find a way to make these error messages give better guidance so that the users don't have to rely on unpaid helpers in user forums to find out what to do.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 27, 2020 0