• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unstable output in Captivate 2017

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new to Captivate. When I publish a project it's a bit unstable. On some slides it doesn't show the background--but the next time I run the file it does show the background. If I pause the playback for more than a minute, the whole thing becomes totally wonky--user interactions stop working. My audio won't play in Chrome but it does play in Edge. And when I set a slide to Pause on exit--why doesn't it do that?

Any ideas? Thanks--Dale

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact version number, please? You find it under Help, About Captivate.

How did you test? After publishing to HTML and uploading to a webserver? The On Exit event of a slide is not always to be trusted, there are other ways to have them pausing like a presentation slide (why do you want tht for eLearning is wierd).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri--

It's version 10.0.0.192. I publish the course to my computer and test it there. I want some slides to pause because they have text on them and I have to give the user time to read it. I don't do this on narration slides. What's a better way to pause a slide?

I'm coming to this after using Articulate Storyline--but my current employer insists on Captivate--so it has a steep learning curve.

Thanks much--Dale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your version is not the latest.  Try updating to 10.5 and republish.  However, the actual cause might also be due to other factors.  Update first then look deeper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Small typo made by Rod. There has never been a version 10.5, the most reb cent version of CP2017 is 10.0.1.299. Totally agree that you should upgrade because it is fixing bugs.

To pause the slide, I would prefer to have a Next button on the slide, not use the playbar. That gives the conntrol to the learner. Having some slides paused and others not paused is pretty confusing, but a Next button will be recognized immediately.

Sure Captivate doesn't look like Powerpoint. Take some time to learn Captivate. Doing so without some proper training often leads to a steep learning curve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Woops! My bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks guys. I'll have to discuss getting an updated version of CP 2107 from my employer, since they are the licensee. So I take it from your comments that adding a Forward button to the slides automatically causes them to stop--a button that's coded "on success, go to the next slide." Is this correct. 

Thanks--Dale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, if you keep the default setting of Pausing the timeline in the Timing Properties panel. Let me offer you a link about Pausing the Timeline:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/pausing-captivates-timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri--Thanks much. This is very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources