• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unwanted Gesture Navigation in Browser Window

Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I de-selected "Allow Gesture Navigation" in my non-responsive course. 

However Gesture Navigation appears in my browser window when previewing in browser and upon publish. 

I do not want it to appear.   Any ideas??

2018-06-04_17-48-09.png2018-06-05_07-44-01.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

I know, you should log it as a bug.

Can proose a workaround, similar to the one I described in Poster Image - AutoPlay - Captivate blog

Find the icons used for gesture in the instellationsfolder\HTML\Assets\HTMLImages and replace by an empty png.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, you should log it as a bug.

Can proose a workaround, similar to the one I described in Poster Image - AutoPlay - Captivate blog

Find the icons used for gesture in the instellationsfolder\HTML\Assets\HTMLImages and replace by an empty png.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Logged it as a bug.

For Mac users, the path is Applications\Adobe Captivate 2017\HTML\assets\htmlimages\

There are several icons:

gesturemobileicon.png

gesturemobileicon@2X.png

gesturemobileicon2.png

gesturemobileiconlandscape.png

gesturetabletimage.png

I modified the 1st 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possibly too old a post, but I was looking at this too now I am on Captivate 2019, as the gesture functionality didn't seem to work for us in Captivate 9 so we didnt know we would want to remove it.

click Window > Mobile Palette and check the box next to Gesture Configuration

This removes the Gesture config for the whole project instead of just the one slide which you were selecting.  When I was looking at the support replies on here for gestures, I thought crikey, we have to remove the tickbox off each slide?!

Thanks goodness another post mentioned the solution above.

All our eLearning is System Simulation so there is no way people would be able to do our courses on a phone or tablet, as the PC products we use are just too small to read on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this. I updated a quiz and removed SWF and only published to HTML5 and the gesture icon displayed. It didn't when I published it originally (also Captivate 2019). I had deselected all of the Allow Gesture Navigation checkboxes as well. Used your instructions and it's gone 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My Pleasure.  I'm glad someone else helped and I was able to pass it on.

On publishing, you can also click the More button which displays the current state of the Allow tickbox so if you didnt use the Windows menu, you can remove the tick just before publishing.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources