Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unwanted new line

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

why does Captivate behave in such a way? Look at the attached pictures. In my captivate file the point C is fitting nicely in a line. Once i export it and check the slide, the sentence now has been separated into two lines. 

Why is that?!

Captivate:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-16 um 15.01.37 (1).png

Preview:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-16 um 15.01.57.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

The answers have to fit in the two column areas. Can you check? 

Match.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please insert the graphics via the toolbar icon so that we can see them in the post rather than have to download the files.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have updated my post 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The answers have to fit in the two column areas. Can you check? 

Match.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you re right! the text aligns to the box containing all answers. not the individual ones.

man captivate is rough. i didnt even realize that this box exists. since it doesnt show up under the fluid boxes panel.

the only issue left is that captivate makes my font smaller for C, although they are all set to 18pt.

do you know why that is happening?

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-17 um 11.39.43.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guten Mitttag!

Matching slide has a lot of issues... since quite a while. Are you perhaps in a responsive project with Fluid Boxes?

Do not forget that you can shuffle the answers. If you have at least one answer with two lines, I would resize all answers to have the same height, you can align the numbers/chatacters with the alignment options. Then distribute the answers vertically. It is not necessary for both columns to have the same height.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guten Mittag 😉

are you talking about the "text left-aligned, text center-aligned, text right-aligned" options?

Or are there any hidden alignment tools that allow me to align objects to each other, like in Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop? Cause i havent found the options for the latter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the name in German, but Captivate has an Alignment toolbar, which you can open (like the panels) from the Window menu).  It has also buttons for Arrange. You can also use the right-click menu showing the options Align and Arrange when you have multiple objects selected. The first object selected is the 'key' object, will have white filled handles, the others have black-filled handles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i found it! holy smokes thats actually so helpful!! thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! Captivate has tons of hidden gems... you need to be an external explorer (like me) to find evetyhing. Do not hesitate to ask more questions, even in German. But I will answer in English  fearing to type too many typos in German.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hey, i have got a new question, i have formated my slide as follows: 

Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-23 um 16.00.49.png

but captivates decides to ignore / scramble my tab stops. this is how it looks in the preview: Bildschirmfoto 2020-06-23 um 16.01.06.png

any clue to as why that is?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources