• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update option in the Help menu is grayed out

Engaged ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with a group that just got Captivate 9 and don't have the most current version.  When we try to use the Update option from the help menu it is grayed out.  I had instructions on going into the C drive and changing a value from 1 to 0 and reopening Captivate but that isn't working either.  I'm open to more ideas.

Thank you,

Susan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Admininstrator rights? Special type of license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I don't believe it's an administrator rights issue. I don't run Captivate with Administrator rights and am able to use the Check for Updates feature.

I seem to recall that when I worked within a corporate environment I couldn't update my Adobe software on my own. It might be that your I.T. department manages your software for you but they may not be aware that there is an update. Send them a request and they should be able to silently deploy the update to your system.

It usually helps if you point out that this update includes security fixes. They tend to be more proactive when security is potentially at risk.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources