Updating a course with multiple modules

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a quick question, although the solution may not be as quick, and I may need to reach out to the support team for my company's LMS.  I figured I'd  post here, just in case I may be doing something wrong.

I have this course with 4 modules, that needs updating from time to time (this year happens to be one that needs some updates).  The updates consist of minor verbiage changes and nothing to the actual modules (how they behave, etc.) themselves.  I've uploaded the revised course to our LMS and all of the modules update fine except 1.  I've attempted overwriting twice, with the same results, which is why I thought it may be something with that module.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Indeed almost impossible to answer. Did you test that particular module on SCORM Cloud, to check if the problem is due to Captivate or to the LMS?

TOPICS
Editing, Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Updating a course with multiple modules

New Here ,
Feb 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a quick question, although the solution may not be as quick, and I may need to reach out to the support team for my company's LMS.  I figured I'd  post here, just in case I may be doing something wrong.

I have this course with 4 modules, that needs updating from time to time (this year happens to be one that needs some updates).  The updates consist of minor verbiage changes and nothing to the actual modules (how they behave, etc.) themselves.  I've uploaded the revised course to our LMS and all of the modules update fine except 1.  I've attempted overwriting twice, with the same results, which is why I thought it may be something with that module.

Most Valuable Participant
Correct answer by Lilybiri | Most Valuable Participant

Indeed almost impossible to answer. Did you test that particular module on SCORM Cloud, to check if the problem is due to Captivate or to the LMS?

TOPICS
Editing, Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 20, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 22, 2020 0
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lilybiri, once again.  We ended up determining that it was on the LMS side, and in working with them we were able to come up with a solution.

Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only time I've had this happen is when the zip files are not named the same.

If the original was named M1.zip and the subsequent file was M_1.zip it may work a few times but will eventually fail.

What LMS are you using?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 24, 2020 1
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response.  The zip files are identically named, we determined that the issue was on the LMS end, and were able to come up with a solution working with them.

Thank you again for your time.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2020 0