Upgrade for Captivate 2019?

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I was watching a video on Captivate interactions, and noticed that I am missing the Assets tab on the top right, as well as the option to make an image a button on the properties pane.  I have a cloud subscription to Captivate and presumed that I would automatically receive all updates.  I used the help function in Captivate to find upgrades, and indeed it found one.  The problem is that it is asking me to close Captivate in order to update.  I am not sure if update 5 will fix the problem and how to install the update if I have to close Captivate in order to do so.  TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your present version number, which you can find under Help, About Captivate. That is where you see the full version number.

Due to the options you miss, I suspect that you are still using version 11.0..... At this moment we are already more than 1.5 years in release 11.5, and the update 5 leads you to 11.5.5.553 (windows).

This update is only one-way compatible with the previous big release 11.0: you will be able to open a 11.0 project in 11.5, but not the other way. That is the reason you need to close Captivate. Moreover the only 'authorized' version for CP2019 at this moment is indeed 11.5.553 as mentioned in this blog:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/08/changes-to-adobe-captivate-2017-and-2019-download-availability-a...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more