Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade to 2019

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

Currently our staff is using Captivate 2017.  We are in discussion on upgrading to the latest version of Captivate.  Some member are hesitant on upgrading.  What have been your experience with the upgrade?  We have approximately 250 courses in our catalogue. 

Looking for advise, lesson learned, or tips.

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A major project we are working on did the upgrade with only one issue. We were using JavaScript to pull all of the CC to put in an HTML page to show the transcript. That had to be recoded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From my research, I have seen others in the community mention JavaScript.  Would you have any resources you can share with me about the JavaScript workaround?  We have add CC to all of the embeded videos.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only has to do with JavaScript reading the CC that is in the CPM.js file to create an HTML popup that has all of the CC. The CC worksjust fine in Captivate, you just get more control in 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am glad that David explained.  It is just by accident that recently more answers mention JS but you still can do all what you have done with Captivate's functionality in CP2017 in the most recent version which is the 5th release of CP2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources