Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upload Captivate Content on Microsoft Sharepoint

May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I have a problem.

We have developed an e-Learning based on Adobe Captivate and it has been published in SCORM-Version.

After downloading the zip-file everything works fine on the local machine under Windows Explorer.

If the complete content will be uploaded to a dedicated library on an Sharepoint server, the loading screen appears and nothing happens.

After doing some technical research, we found out that all Captivate files use "relative paths".

The problem on Sharepoint is, that the calling page hasn't got the same structure as the library from where it's called.

Some questions:

1. Is Captivate able to publish the content directly to an Sharepoint server?

2. Is Captivate able to replace the "relative paths" with "absolute paths"?

Can you help me here?

I tried to start the e-Learning by uploading the content in SCORM-version, NON-SCORM version, in the SitePages Content Library and more. Everything failed because in every situation the loading screen appears and nothing happens.

Could you please help ASAP?

Thank you all very much!

BR,

Daniel

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't publish directly to SharePoint. You have to publish locally then upload the files to a library folder.

The thing with Captivate and relative paths shouldn't be an issue when the files are uploaded to SharePoint as long as the folder structure is retained exactly as it is in the published folder. The relative path is in reference to where the index file is and all of the sub-folders, so you couldn't upload all the sub-folders to one library folder and upload the index.html file to a higher level library folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what Michael has suggested you will also want to make sure that your SharePoint server is configured to serve JSON files as all current version Captivate HTML5 output now uses JSON.  That might also be a reason why you're seeing that spinning icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We already allowed JSON files to be uploaded on a Sharepoint Server 2013 / 2016.

The JSON files are not the problem anymore.

I've created a document library under the subsite "/sites/GS/TDR/WBT/Forms", in which the complete content will be published.

The user accesses another subsite of the server. He'll directed to the page "/sites/GS/PR/FI/IFRS16/SitePages/IFRS16.aspx" from where he can start the e-Learning (index.html) by clicking on an appropriate button.

I think, that's the problem. The relative paths are referencing from the subsite the user accesses. But, the content is in an other subsite / library. Can someone advice here how to fix this?

The solution with absolute paths is a huge workload and I think that I'm damaging more with this solution than all other ones.

Many thanks for your super quick reaction so far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources