Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading HTML5 project to web server

New Here ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have completed my first Adobe Captivate 9 project and cannot figure out how to get it to play on our web server. We checked on Google Chrome and the file imgmd.json is coming back as 404.We have enabled .json files to work on our website. The module works fine when I play it internally but when it is uploaded to the web server, I get constant loading screen.  My IT department doesn't know anything about Captivate and this has gotten a little too technical for me. Does anyone know what I need to do to get the module to play?

Just a few more pieces of information.

1) I'm not using an LMS because there are no quiz scores or information we are collecting

2) The project file is about 40 mb

3) My company's website is https

Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

HI there,

I had the same problem, you only need to add the .json mime type as application/json and all works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have you been able to "preview"  as html the project when inside captivate?   if so,  then this is a web server configuration problem.  if not,  then you've done something wierd in captivate..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sdwarwick,

I can preview it in Captivate. I have published the project and selected "publish for devices." It creates a folder of the project. On my personal computer, I can select index.html and play the project. When I upload the project to the web server, the project doesn't play and shows the spinning loading circle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, well as you might expect, this is not a captivate problem then.  I'd probably look at the chrome debug window and see what is happening (f12) but there are too many things that can go wrong to speculate without seeing it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help sdwarwick. Chrome gives me the error...

"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of dr/imgmd.json 404 (Not Found)"

Do you know what that could mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has to be an issue with your web server. A firewall, your IT person not making a MIME type to allow the captivate's JSON files to load, etc. Make a free account at Scorm Cloud and upload a Scorm version of your course (enable reporting feature in order to have Captivate spit out the relevant scorm files). If you have no issues there, than it is definitely your web server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try typing https://<course_url>/dr/imgmd.json  into an address bar.  if you can't get something to come up, then it is most likely the webserver being configured incorrectly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've not had a chance to check this in CP9 yet, but check to be sure there are no 'http' references in the published HTML file.

Since you're running from HTTPS, if an HTTP link is detected, you may be hitting a security issue/block.

Be sure all links, especially those files being loaded into the page, are https as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI there,

I had the same problem, you only need to add the .json mime type as application/json and all works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! How exactly do you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This has to be done by the web server administrator.  If you are not that person, you need to contact them and ask that they enable JSON on the server.  Same applies if you are delivering your content from an LMS.  There's always a web server involved and the server admin person is the one that performs any configuration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources