Highlighted

Uploading PowerPoints

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue when I try to upload a PowerPoint file into Captive 2017. I go through all of the steps of importing the file, and then when the file is imported, it shows up as a completely white screen, but the original PowerPoint file has text and slide backgrounds. This happens with both a .ppt and a .pptx file. I have also tried uploading the PowerPoints in high fidelity and that doesn't seem to help either. I'm not sure if it is a simple fix or if there is something bigger going on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Uploading PowerPoints

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having an issue when I try to upload a PowerPoint file into Captive 2017. I go through all of the steps of importing the file, and then when the file is imported, it shows up as a completely white screen, but the original PowerPoint file has text and slide backgrounds. This happens with both a .ppt and a .pptx file. I have also tried uploading the PowerPoints in high fidelity and that doesn't seem to help either. I'm not sure if it is a simple fix or if there is something bigger going on. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 28, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps there is some component on one of the slides that is causing it to corrupt.  Try importing small groups of slides rather than the entire deck.  Say 5 or 10 slides at a time.  See if you can isolate the slide that is doing this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is the individual powerpoint - I have tried multiple different presentations and none of them seem to work. A coworker also tried using one of them and it worked for her to upload it, but did not for me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you u sing the most recent release of CP2017 <which is 10.0.1.285? Are you on Mac or Windows

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 29, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have the most recent release of the program. I am using Windows.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2019 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wanted to verify but cannot help you more because I never use PPT import myself, since I don't like that feature at all, and it causes a lot of problems.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 02, 2019 0