Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use of Fluid Boxes

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.
I am quite familiar with the use of fluid boxes. But I don't quite understand what I should do if I need to create very large vertical content for mobile. As if you were vertically rewriting the content on a website.
What happens to me is that my content adjusts to the height of the mobile screen and not as I want it to be higher and use the finger gesture.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether with Fluid Boxes, Breakpoint View, or just normal projects Captivate still remains slide-based.  It's not designed to create content that is supposed to slide vertically.  The intention is that you design each slide so that everything fits on the screen of whatever device on which it is being viewed.  You move from slide to slide to see more content, not by scrolling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.
We have created content mainly for mobile using breakpoint and we make the content wider than the screen of the device. In this way we use the gesture with the finger as is normal in a web created in another way.
But with Fluid Boxes we are encountering more difficulties.

A greeting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the scrolling text item in learning interactions. Alternatively, you can zip up an HTML document with all the text and drag it into your slide. The zip creates a web object and can be scrolled as well.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
In addition to how it says to use text like that, we also need to use images. For us now it is not difficult to do it with breakpoints, but if we use Fluid Boxes, everything becomes complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fluid Boxes may save time, but you lose a lot of control and have several limitations as well. Why not stick with Breakpoint Views?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources