• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Adobe Media Server to play videos in a Captivate project - ADVICE NEEDED!!

Participant ,
Aug 15, 2017 Aug 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been using Captivate now for the last few years, and in all that time I still haven't mastered importing videos into my projects. I make all my videos from scratch using Final Cut Pro, but when I import them into a project they can be very unreliable, in particular when using them on mobile devices.

I'm wondering whether using Adobe Media Server could be the solution to my problem. The only thing is I've being playing around with it for the last few days and I don't have a clue how to use it!!

So what I want to know is:

1. Does this sound like a possible solution to my problem with playing videos in Captivate?

2. What is the difference between using AMS to stream videos in a Captivate Project in comparison to simply uploading the MP4?

3. Where can I find a step by step guide as to how I can achieve all this. I've tried following the instructions on the AMS support page but it really is getting me no where!

Thanks in advance,

Diarmuid

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't speak to Adobe media server, but I do know that lots of people use Vimeo to host their content.  It has a very reliable player and, no ads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. It's an option if all else fails.

I just find it strange that there's no straightforward information on how to use this Adobe Media Server. It seems like it could be a helpful option for a lot of people, as the issue of uploading videos seems to be a common one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ask here?

Adobe Media Server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 17, 2017 Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ya I tried that:

Using AMS with Captivate

No response unfortunately!!

I've started using Vimeo to host the videos, and when I do that everything work perfectly.

I don't like having to use Vimeo for every little video clip though.

Even if someone could explain whether or not it's possible to use AMS for a similar function I'd be somewhat satisfied.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry, that forum seems to be lot less frequented, and they don't have crazy users like me around.

It should work with AMS, but I never tried it personally, am not of any help for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks,

I'll stick with it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have through the same trouble myself. I thought AMS was included in CC, but instead I am presented with page and pages with how wonderful AMD, at the same time time it is gidden how to use the system. It seems like they are following rule: Why make it easuy when you can make it complicated. I ended with vimdeo and that works fine.

Jan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources