• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Audio on a Decision Slide in Captivate 2017

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a decision slide with two buttons (See It & Try It).  Each button advances the user to specific slides within the training, however after the user hears the initial audio and clicks the first button, (See it), when they come back to the decision slide I can't figure out how to pause the slide audio and play the second audio (instructing the user to click the Try it button).  I am thinking it's an advanced action however I can't figure out how to set up the advanced action; at the slide level or the button level and how to set up the conditions of the advanced action.

Any help is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't tell what has to happen iif it is possible the learner comes back a third time to that slide? I'll suppose that is not possible and that there are only two audio clips needed. Will label the audio clips Audio_first and Audio_second.

If you don't need CC, do not use slide audio. It is much easier to use the Play Audio Command, or eventually Object audio.

Create a user varaible v_visit, with a default value of 0.

Create an advanced action (no creenshots, don't know which versio you are using):

IF v_vist is equal to 0

Play Audio_first
    Increment v_visit     or Assign v_visit with 1 will do the same
  Continue

ELSE

Play Audio_second

Continue

Assign this action to the On Enter event of the slide.

If you need CLosed Captioning it will be more complicated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2018 Jun 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct that the learner does not come back a third time.  Yes, as I explained initially, there are only two audio clips, "See it" and "Try It" and as the subject line of my inquiry states, I'm using Captivate 2017. 

I set this up as I understood you to explain above, but my second audio still did not play, the first audio played initially and again upon return to the decision slide, audio_second never played.  Here are my advanced actions:

Audio_first.jpg

Audio_second.jpg

and here is the action on my slide:

slideaction.jpg

What am I missing?  Should I have done something with the variable?  This is my first time using Advanced Actions and variables in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You never change the variable, which should be done in the THEN part, ELSE part remains as you have it:

IF v_visit is equal to 0

Increment v_visit
     Play audiofirst
     Continue

Please check my blog post about the Advanced Actions Dialog box in 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although your instructions are not very clear, and your blog reviews the buttons well, but does not provide any insights to the processes behind the commands, I was able to guess my way through the process using the information you provided in your response above so thank you.

In an effort to be helpful to other readers I'm adding the screen shot of the changes I made to my previous screen shots shown above.  The addition of "Increment" corrected the issue and my Audio_second played upon revisit to the DecisionSlide. 

Audio_firstcorrection.jpg

I made no changes to the "ELSE" view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry, will not try to help you anymore. The instructios on my blog were very clear, as other users always tell me.  Thanks for insulting me for all the free hours I spend helping other users. Will remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources