• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Text Entry Box to Report User Input to LMS

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To start - I've read several blog posts and forum entries before creating my own post. Ive also spoke with my LMS (Absorb) support and they said that Captivate can send this kind of data to the LMS and Ill be able to report on it. 

In all of my tests I can pull the report in Absorb, but its being sent as a Multiple choice quiz, not a survey.

So! I'd prefer to do this without using Quiz slides, but if thats all I can do, thats all I can do..

I simply need to have text entry boxes that can report the text entered by the user to my LMS.

I've tried a method of assigning variables based off this blogpost http://blog.lilybiri.com/answer-key-for-survey

But that got me nowhere for reporting.

I tried doing Short Answer questions set as Survey - no luck either. I tried this as xAPI, SCORM1.2 and 2004.

Any detailed help would be appreciated. What am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just pop in because you referred to one of my blogs (it is not the only one about surveys). You didn't explain what the problem was because that blog was created for another user with a similar question, and was functional in that use case.

The problem is a combination of what the LMS is capable of showing in an easy way and the setup in Captivate. They told you that it is possible to see the value of user variables? Did they explain how? They need to be sent with the Interaction data, but how to extract them.

You don't have only variables for TEBs but also for several Learning interactions: Scrolling Text (which I often use as replacement for TEB or for Short answer questions), Checkboxes, Radiobuttons...

It is much easier to send quiz results because that is built in all LMSs, what is not the case for user variables. Talk with the Absorb people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for your reply!

I do have a call with Absorb in a bit and I will clarify some things here - but currently,  within reporting I can report on "Assessments" which pulls the Interaction Data from courses.

Following the instructions for using the Short Answer/Survey quiz option to achieve my desired effect was showing as a Multiple Choice quiz when reporting in the LMS.

That made me wonder if I had some settings mixed up - what are some key settings to send the correct interaction data?

Furthermore - I would really prefer to use the scrolling text interaction. I would like to understand more how to assign the user variable that will then be sent out as part of the Interaction Data to the LMS. Can you provide some details here?

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@joehalby were you able to figure this out? I am running into the same issue (I believe), but with Talent LMS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May I recommend to start a new thread and explain your problem in detail? It is possible that you are on a more recent version. You see that the person you are addressing didn't come back to confirm if the problem was solved or not. Adding this at the end of an old thread may not be the best way to find a solution for your present issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources