Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using the "ease" option for effects doesn't seem to work in HTML5

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Is this a know issue or am I doing something wrong?

I'm using the EaseInLeft/Right and EaseOutLeft/Right in my CP19 course on some objects and there seems to be no difference in setting the "ease" to 0, 100 or -100.

In the flash preview I can see the it's behaving like it should, but in HTML5 it seems to be all the same.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2019 Mar 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are using the latest version of Adobe Captivate. A couple of things to look at might be the length of the path. In other words, the motion path that begins with a green arrow and ends in a Red square. Longer motion paths will have a more pronounced effect. If you have shortened the path it might not have the impact you were hoping for.

Also look at the duration of the effect, either on the timeline by clicking on the rotating arrow next to the object in question or by editing the value in the Timing > Effects panel. Again, if the duration is too short the effect will be less pronounced.

One final point might be to consider which web browser you are viewing your project on. Some older browsers such as Internet Explorer 11 have viewer elements of HTML5 implemented. The reason for this is that IE11 hasn't been updated since the release of Edge Browser (three years ago at the time of this post).

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2019 Apr 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I found out in the meantime - if I add the motion path to an object on a slide, everything works as it should.

But I'm applying these effects via an advanced action and thats the point, where the ease stops working for me in an HTML5 output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a question: did you create a custom effect to apply by advanced

actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did create custom effects based on EaseInLeft/Right and EaseOutLeft/Right and I did set my preferred ease values before saving those.

If I apply one of my custom effects in the advanced actions, it is displayed like this:

custom_effect_01.png

Once I save my action and edit it again, it's "converted" to the effect I based my custom effect on:

custom_effect_02.png

The values displayed are the ones I specified, so this seems correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did, but I don't see anything I did differently  

Did you use effects with an ease option as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to recall that Effects applied via Advanced Actions don't give you all the same options as the same effects applied via the Effects panel.  This is because unless the effect comes standard with a specific ease setup in the XML then you cannot configure it from the Advanced Actions panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the reason I asked about creation of a custom effect. In almost all

cases that is necessary when using effects in an advanced or shared action.

Have a blog about workflow...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is on my list for exploring, but very busy here at this moment.

Did you test after uploading to a webserver? Effects are XML-based.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources