Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variable loop increase on Quiz slides not working

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I created some code a few months back which allowed a quiz at the end of the learning to be completed upto 3 times. This has suddenly stopped working. I have not changed anything. I initially thought it was the LMS but it will not work in preview mode either.

This is the code the issue is it will allow the user to fail the test 2 times (instead of the expected 3) and just locks up on the screen displayed.

Any help would be apprechiated

richarda70986940_0-1604576902338.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which event is triggering that action? I see that you use a user variable to track the attempts on quiz level, not the the native cpQuizInfoAttempts because that one is read-only.  Since you use the Delay command (5 seconds) apparently you want to remain on the slide where it is triggered for which reason?

And why use an Expression to reset vAttempts to 1 when it reached 4, instead Assign to 1? 

Did you debug by adding a text caption to show the value of the variables vAttempts especially?  I have no idea what those slides are jumping at. That information is missing and more important; to which event is this action linked. Where is the score slide in this scenario? It is more important than you may think, see:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/secret-of-hidden-score-slide

The logic is not fully clear to me, I would not put the Incrementing in an Else condition 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you happen to update Captivate recently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This seems a likely candidate in my experience.

Number one reason that I have not yet updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had a problem with custom variables with the latest version... using old projects...

And it appeared that just rewrite the variables corrected the issue !...

So strange !...

My advice : add text box with the variables on the slides... You will see exactly what is corrupted...

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I already suggested to track the variable in my answer 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources