• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Variable Placeholder and State Views: Text Entry Not Showing

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a project in which the learner is prompted to enter his/her last name into text entry boxes. That text is retained as a variable: [First_Name] and [Last_Name].

Variable Issue - Preview Project 1.png

At a later slide, the learner's entry appears in a button. This is the normal state of the button. (It's the one in the middle.)

Variable Issue - Preview Project 2 Normal.png

It might be difficult to see, but when I preview the project, the text entry displays in all of the different states.

Rollover state...

Variable Issue - Preview Project 3 Rollover.png

Down state...

Variable Issue - Preview Project 4 Down.png

However, when I preview HTML5 in Browser, the normal state displays the variable information, but that information is not retained in the different states. Only the variables are displayed.

Rollover state...

Variable Issue - Preview HTML5 in Browser 1 Rollover.png

Down state...

Variable Issue - Preview HTML5 in Browser 2 Down.png

Unfortunately, this is also the case when we publish to SCORM on our LMS.

Any insights?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed, the rollover and the down states are linked in a way to the Normal state but they will not be generated on runtime, which is needed to convert the variable to its value. That happens only for the Normal state (I call that type of buttons 'dynamic buttons'). I once wrote a blog, probably also posted a feature request but fear that this will be very low on the priority list. Let me do some testing to see if I can come with a workaround. In such a case I would take out the rollover and down states, just keep the Normal state and use the Hand cursor as indicator for the learner that this is a button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm.... I don't need a workaround, it works perfectly for me.

I am using CP2019 version, 11.0.1.266. What is your version, and what was your workflow? It is possible that my feature request was 'heard' if you are on an older version? I tested with Preview in Browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using CP2017 version 10.0.0.192

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to update to 10.0.1.285 please. I cannot test for you in that version, don't have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Were you able to test it on the most recent version? It would be interesting to know when this problem was solved but I only have CP2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources