• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical Text ?

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2009 Oct 21, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone help. I am trying to creat vertical text boxes so that the user has  tabs to click on to find out what the content of that area is. the general design is abit like the spines of books leaning against each other.

TOPICS
Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Likely the best way to do that is to create an image with the text as part of the image, then add that to Captivate as an image.

Or, you could do it in PowerPoint and either import or screen capture it. Which is basically repeating what I said above. PowerPoint 07 has some way cool effects you can use. I'm personally addicted like nobody's business to the reflection effect.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Rick,

I suspected that the solution lay outside Captivate. It must be a facility that could be added in a furture version after all not all text in horizontal - perhaps they could add the functionality ofP/Point 2007 into Captivate - that would produce huge benfits for design.

Regards

DP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

If this is a feature you feel should be a standard part of Captivate, you (and others) need to make the developers aware of it. You do this via the Wish Form (Link to the Wish Form is in my sig section)

Keep in mind that if you are using Captivate 4, you may now use PowerPoint in a "Linked" fashion. This means you are able to launch PP from inside Captivate to make changes.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's standard in Storyline, so yes, it would be good business practice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a pretty old post.

I believe the effect can be achieved easily enough using a smart shape with text and sizing it thin.

Stagprime_0-1613494147020.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources