• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very long slide transition despite settings

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got to launch a course in the next couple days for user testing, but I'm running into a problem that I haven't been able to fix yet.

First part - I've got a slide (slide A) with some text rollovers and short audio that plays until user clicks next button, pretty basic. Original slides were pulled from PPT, but slide A is the only slide that seems to require an extra click to advance. I've recreated the slide from a newly imported PPT slide with automatic advance designated (not on mouse click), but it seems to still require the 2nd click elsewhere on the slide. There's no click box in the timeline, audio and slide elements are in sync, slide is set to go to next slide on exit, and next button is set to go to next slide. However, if the user clicks the next button twice, it skips the following slide (slide B). Also, when user clicks the next button once, the TOC shows that it has advanced to slide B, but slide B doesn't load until user clicks somewhere else on slide A.

Second part - The slide it transitions to (slide B) has a ton of audio - slide audio is 24 seconds, plus there are 3 buttons and each has audio (one is super long based on client request). Can slide B load time be causing the transition lag, apart from the second click issue? Or are they somehow related?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From your description I suspect you don't understand the timeline very well, and the pausing points of buttons. It has no sense to set the On Enxit event to Go to Next slide because that is automatically done and that Exit action is probbably never going to happen.

Can you please post a screenshot of the complete timeline, both vertically and horizonatlly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response.

Slide A timeline below:

Slide B timeline:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For slide A there is a button, what is its Success action? It is pausing a couple of frames before the end of the slide.

If you have so much audio that has indeed to be loaded on Enter for slide B, that could cause loading time. Anyway I would recommend to leave a small gap before and after the slide audio, but the object audio has to be loaded again.

Since you only tak about imported PPT slides, they are all based on the Blank master slide of whatever theme you use. May I recommend not to use imported PPT slides if you don't need items from the PPT slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Lilybiri - The success for button on slide A is "go to next slide". OK, I loaded a preview starting from slide B, and it didn't automatically start playing, I had to click the play button in my TOC. That makes me think the whole issue is with slide B. Any insights on what kind of setting might fix this? I did allow time before and after audio on both slides, like you suggested. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Besides the big amount of bits to load because of all those long clips, I have no other idea, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thank you, I appreciate all your help and suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources