• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video always shows frame one when using timeline slider

Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2018 Jun 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm totally new to Adobe Captivate. This is my first try to create interactive video.

Imported a multi-slide synchronized MP4 video into Captivate.

It shows in the first slide on the timeline and on the slide. But when I use the slider of the timeline, the video always shows frame one. Even when when the slider of the timeline is on the last frame, the first frame is still shown on the slide. Is there a way to solve this problem?

I need to put some interactions on different parts of the video on specific places but this is hard to do when I can't view it by changing the slider of the timeline.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben jij een Vlaming (Erembodegem is dorp naast Aalst)?

Do not use the scrub bar for video playing, use the play button in the Timeline panel, or, if that panel is active use the space bar.

More info:

Captivate's Timeline(s) Demystified - Intro - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ja ik ben Vlaming en werk in Erembodegem.

I tried using the play button and/or the space bar. Both work to play the video but when I pause the video then the image always jumps back to frame one, even when the timeline scrub bar is not any where near frame one.

For example, I need to be able to go to 00:05 of the video and see what is on that frame to be able to add interaction there. But even if the scrub bar is sitting on 00:05, the slide shows me the beginning of the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ik woon in Aalst.... heb in het weekend een blog in het Nederlands gepubliceerd op dit portaal 'Struikelblokken'.

Yes, that is the way that the timeline is working. I explained that in the Timeline blog.  It has advantages and disadvantages.

Captivate's Timeline

If you explain what you want to do? Synchronizing the video with insertion of static objects is something to be very careful. Due to the difference in loading time, synchronizing could get wrecked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bedankt voor de link naar struikelblokken. Voor mij zeker de moeite waard om jouw interactieve presentatie te bekijken.

En altijd leuk om mede stadsgenoten tegen te komen op het wijde internet.

My current understanding of Captivate is very very limited but with the help of the internet i'm trying to create my first interactive video.

What i'm trying to create is a simple interactive video where you have to click on the right part of the video to go to the next video. Clicking on anything else will get you a message to try again. Nothing more then that.

This concept is somewhat based on the interactive DVD's you sometimes could find with certain disney animation movies (like the interactive DVD that came with special edition of "the lion king"). With the remote you could click on two or three choices that made you continue to another video based on your choice.

I don't know if captivate is the right tool for this, but i wanted to give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Het is ook perfect mogelijk om een vraag in het Nederlands te stellen, de Engelstaligen hoeven niet altijd te domineren. Enkel een suggestie, ik antwoord ook in de taal van Voltaire, die hebben minder scrupules om hun moedertaal te gebruiken. De ingebouwde vertaler is er voor nieuwsgierigen in een andere taal.

Captivate is an eLearning tool, which can be used for interactive video (have a blog post about that as well), but that is not its first goal at all. Video can be inserted as event video and as mutisynchronized video. The first one is not controlled by Captivate, but has its dedicated control panel, the second one can be controlled and I suppose you are using that type since you talk about the timeline?

Video is by default on top of the stack (vertical), you cannot have an interactive object like a shape button or a click box on top of it in that setting. Does that click have to happen ON the video? You will have to change the AdobeCaptivate.ini file to be able to have an interactive object on top of the video. Look at this thread, where I explained it.

Captivate slide containing video, automatically places video on top layer/higher index - which hides...

The iteractive object has the possibility for Success and Failure messages. Failure message will appear when the user clicks outside of the object, Success when clicked on the object. You will probably allow multiple attempts, or even set the attempts to infinite. In hte case of infinite attempts you have only a Success event. That Success event can be used to trigger the command 'Go to Next Slide'.

VideoClick.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources